- A way of looking at something
- A pair of internal glasses through which you see/comprehend the world
Hold Your Horses
Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
“Martha, Martha,”the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
The World: Speed Up
Jesus: Slow Down
“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered
The World: Be Distracted
Jesus: Be Present
But Martha was distracted
“Wherever you are be ALL there”
Be still and know that I am God
“Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things…
The World: Take Control
Jesus: Let Go
- Where do I need to hold my horses and slow down even after things begin to speed back up again?
- Where do I need to be more present?
- Where do I need to hand over the reins and stop worrying?