Do I view money as God sees money?
Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Common Money Lies:
- You’ll always be broke and in debt
- The church just wants your money
- You can’t give a lot so it doesn’t matter
- More money will make you happy
- How much money you have (or don’t have) is directly proportional to how much God loves you
- Gain is godly and means God loves me
- Rich people are evil
- Money is evil